Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The advance cavalry arrives!

No pictures yet, but my good friend Aaron arrived at Tribhuvan International Airport on Sunday after 6 weeks in Ladakh. He was working with a Canadian NGO called Design for Development, in partnership with the Ladakh NGO Health Inc

Suffice it to say that Aaron is way more qualified to do what I'm doing than I am, but that of course puts him in pretty good demand--the first night he was in town he showed my pictures of the inclusive swingset he designed and built in Ladakh that allows kids who can't pump their legs to swing as long as someone else swings next to them, and he spent a year with BEN in Namibia building bicycle ambulances.

And the Wrench Nepal news is: We're going to spend the next 2 weeks building a pedal-powered washing machine for the P.A. Nepal house in Sakhu!

This might end up being the highlight of my trip out here.

No comments: